The principles in which we adopt in protecting and managing your personal data are as follows:-
- You do not have any obligation to provide your personal data to us. However, if you do not wish to, we will not be able to provide you with some of the services that we offer on this website;
- We will only collect, use and process your personal data on a needs basis and will keep your personal information accurate and up to-date;
- In the event your personal data is no longer required by us and we are no longer required under law to retain it we will seek to delete, destroy and permanently de-identify it;
- We will not sell, rent or give away personal data to third parties for commercial purposes without your consent.
What Personal Data do we collect?
We may collect and hold personal data of persons/entities including but not limited to:
· job applicants and employees;
· service providers; and
· other people who we may come into contact.
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly you including but not limited to your name, nationality, telephone number, bank and credit card details, personal interests, email address, your image, government-issued identification numbers, biometric data, race, date of birth, marital status, religion, health information, insurance information and your preferences, queries, requests and feedback. Your personal data may be collected offline via your engagement with our customer service officers, direct marketing campaigns and competitions and through our websites and third party platforms.
You are not required to provide us with your personal data that we request, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services,
We may collect your personal data from a variety of sources, including but not limited to:
· Personal data you give us directly - We collect data about how you use our services and products, such as the types of content you view or engage with, or the frequency and duration of your activities. We also collect personal data you provide us when you sign up for our newsletter, complete a survey or register for an account to buy our products. In so doing, we may ask for personal data, such as your name, gender, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number or credit card details.
· Personal data we collect from other sources - We collect personal data from other sources including our trusted partnerships with third-parties and where we operate YHS accounts on third-party platforms: For example, when you use the “like” functionality on Facebook.. We also collect information about you and your activities from a third-party when we jointly offer services or products, or from third-party data service providers who may provide insights to us about the personal data we hold.
We collect, process and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
· To process your payments, if you purchase our products, to provide you with your order status, deal with your enquiries and requests, and assess and handle any complaints;
· To process and answer your inquiries or to contact you to answer your questions and/or requests;
· To develop and improve our products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites;
· For the purposes of competitions or promotions that you have entered;
· To communicate information to you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to our newsletter or other communications;
· To manage our everyday business needs regarding your participation in our contests, or promotional activities or request;
· To authenticate the identity of individuals contacting us by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
· If you apply for employment with us, we will collect additional personal data, such as your employment history, educational history and employment references;
· For internal training and quality assurance purposes;
· To understand and assess the interests, wants, and changing needs of consumers, to improve our website, our current products and services, and/or developing new products and services; and
· To provide personalised products, communications and targeted advertising as well as product recommendations to you.
When we collect and use your personal data for purposes mentioned above or for other purposes, we will inform you before or at the time of collection.
Where appropriate, we will ask for your consent to process the personal data. Where you have given consent for processing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We process your personal data to perform a contract to which you are or will be a party. For example, we need to process your personal data to deliver a product or a service you bought, to allow you to take part in one of our competitions, or to send you samples that you have requested.
Your personal data may be shared with:
· companies within YHS Group;
· our joint venture/ alliance partners;
· Other third-parties. Your personal data will also be used by us or shared with our sponsors, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, social media networks, and analytics companies or other third-parties in connection with marketing, promotional, and other offers, as well as product information.
· Legal disclosure. We may transfer and disclose your personal data to third-parties:
YHS will only send personal data collected within a restricted legal framework such as i.e. the PDPA and the European Economic Area (EEA).
If we do transfer personal data to outside of the restricted legal framework, YHS will ensure that it is protected as deemed fit by that restricted legal framework. We will use one of the following safeguards:
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) to oversee our management of personal data in accordance with the PDPA.
We regard breaches of your privacy very seriously and have implemented measures to secure and protect your information, for example (i) training our employees who handle your personal data to respect the confidentiality of such personal data and your privacy, (ii) storing personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper based files and other records, taking steps to protect the personal data we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
However, you will appreciate that it is not for us to perfectly secure your personal data from cyber attacks, such as hacking, spyware and viruses. Accordingly, you will not hold us liable for any unauthorized disclosure, loss or destruction of your personal data arising from such risks.
In accordance with the PDPA, we are required not to store personal data longer than necessary. We will cease to retain your personal data when we no longer require such personal data for the purposes we originally notified you of or for any business or legal needs.
We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
Where we process your personal data, according to the PDPA, you might be entitled to a number of rights and, when applicable can exercise these rights at any point. An overview of these rights are listed below together with what this entails for you. You can exercise your rights, when eligible to, via our “Contact Us” page.
Your Rights include the following:
a) The processing is based on your consent;
b) The processing takes place for the performance of a contract;
c) The processing takes place by automated means;
If you wish to exercise your right to data portability, please contact us via our “Contact Us” page.
a) your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which we collected it; or
b) you withdraw the consent that you had previously given us to process your personal data, and there is no other legal ground to process that personal data; or
c) you object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes; or
d) you object to us processing your personal data for YHS’s legitimate interests (such as improving overall user experience on websites);
e) the personal data is not being processed lawfully; or
f) your personal data needs to be deleted to comply with the law.
If you wish to delete the personal data we hold about you, please inform us and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements.
If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
a) you do not believe the personal data we have about you is accurate; or
b) the personal data is not being processed lawfully, but instead of deleting the personal data, you would prefer us to restrict processing instead; or
c) we no longer need your personal data for the purposes we collected it, but you require the data in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
d) you have objected to the processing of your personal data and are awaiting verification on whether your interests related to that objection outweigh the legitimate grounds for processing your data.
If you wish to restrict our processing of your personal data, please inform us and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements.
We will also keep prior versions of this Privacy Notice in an archive for your review.
We will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Notice without your consent.
a) Information about your device browser and operating system;
b) The IP address of the device you are using;
c) Web pages of ours that you view;
d) Links that you click while interactive with our services.